Top 4 Most Popular Posts

Friday, May 9, 2008

The LORD is By Our Side

If it had not been the LORD who was on our side... - Pslam 124:1 (NKJV)

I take this time to take into account where the Lord has brought myself and my family from nearly a year ago. As I had just completed some of the necessary filings for launching a new business venture, my wife was praying about going into her law practice on her own. By the end of last May, my wife was opening an office for her own firm. God spoke to her and she responded in faith. (Read Hebrews 11:6 and 2 Corinthians 5:7 if you are having trouble getting it.)
However, today's causing me to look to the Lord again in reflection of all that He has done. Because of His mighty works, His mercy and grace, His love, I can praise Him. I can praise Him for the opportunity to share His love through the message of His Word through preaching, teaching, training, equipping, and creative expression like I have never done before in my life. I stand in total awe of Him and what He has done with me as person, a man, a father, a husband, a servant, a preacher, and a believer.
Take into account today...
  • Where you started
  • Where you have been since you started
  • What you have seen and heard since then
  • How God has worked on your behalf
  • Where you are now
  • Where you are headed

This simple exercise may assist you in developing greater praise for Him. It just might give you a pick-me-up of praise when it seems like holy humdrum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bruce,

The LORD is keeping me up nights into the wee hours of the morning to stay connected to you. How do you plan to use this web page/blog? As savvy as I am on most things technological (I can program most of the video players in my house), I haven't been able to find much time to spend on-line with chats and blogs. I know this tech is the wave of the future, but I don't know how to make it efficacious in the work I am doing. I am already overwhelmed by e-mails.

Peace and blessings, brother prophet. God is with you.

Clovis

 
Amen Me!