Top 4 Most Popular Posts

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wisdom for Today

Wisdom is the principal thing. . . - Proverbs 4:7 (KJV)

These days we can see where lack of wisdom can get someone into a little bit of trouble. From Chris Brown to T.I., we find young brothers facing charges for everything from assault and battery to weapons violations. Would I rather have wealth or wisdom? It appears that wealth does not guarantee wisdom. With wisdom, I can at least manage my wealth. I say so because we see how the Bernie Madoff scandal and other economic turmoils have caused a major stress and strain among baby boomers and others. To exercise wisdom in such times, we have to be careful enough to use discretion and discernment beyond dollars and cents. Pray to the Lord for wisdom, much like Solomon did before he even made an executive decision.

BEYOND BELIEF:
I can''t believe how some folks can be in church so long but have so little faith. My soul grows weary of people who have been in the building but don't feel a part of the Body. I recently read Chuck Colson's The Body and still feel excited about what the Lord has to say about ministry. Let us not lose hope. Our work is not in vain.

No comments:

 
Amen Me!