Top 4 Most Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Know Better and Do Better

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. -Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)

We used to hear a lot about knowing better as kids.  My mom and dad would tell say that I ought to  know better, while my teacher would state in the correct English grammar how I should know better.  The point of it all was that somewhere along the line I should have picked up on right and wrong, what to do and what not to do.  As Christians, we learn that knowing better in Christianity comes from knowing Christ first.  As we learn of Him, we learn from him to live like Him.

Knowing better should lead to us doing better.  That's the assumption and expectation.  That's the thing that is behind the remark: "And you call yourself a Christian..." or "Ain't you a child of God?" In the case where someone else forgot, your best option is to forgive.  You are not sure why.  That's understandable.  How about doing so because Christ forgave you? It's been hard and people sure don't make it easy.  Do what He calls you to do.  After all, you claim to know Christ as your personal Savior and Lord in your life. 

I know. I know.  You ought to know better.

No comments:

 
Amen Me!