Top 4 Most Popular Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

In Your Own Words

 Meeting people where they are does not mean leaving them there


It is plastered on nearly everything that Life Path puts out there.  It is a mantra that is designed to keep us operating on a mission rather than remaining meaningless.  It is our vow to remain meaningful and missional while making a difference.  It is at the core of Life Path's mission and existence.

I was recently forced to revisit my whole venture into ministry and social services.  I question the notion that the two are not the same.  If we are engaged in true ministry, we will perform some sort of social service to assist those around us get what they need to go further and grow to become more and more of who God has destined them to become in this life.  I truly have a problem seeing a difference from where I stand today.

Nevertheless, after searching my soul and looking deeper and deeper into what I have been called to do, I realize that I have to work further to maintain this mantra as a check-in to start and end my day.
  • Have I met people where they are?
  • Have left people where I met them?
  • Could I do more or better?
In ministry, I must ask these questions.  At work, I must ask these questions.  I must ask these questions of every faith-based effort that I engage in daily.  I must ask these same questions of every community-based venture that I am involved in daily.  I have to ask it of myself as work in a nonprofit setting.  I must ask these same questions of myself as I work on for-profit models that will support the youth work that I plan to offer the youth within my community.

It is reflected in my work.  It is reflected in my writingIt is reflected in the ministry and service that I aim to offer beyond anything that I have done so far.  Join me in the journey.

Don't forget to help us help youth! http://200club.chipin.com/200-club-youth-sponsors

No comments:

 
Amen Me!