Top 4 Most Popular Posts

Friday, October 22, 2010

Again and Again and Again

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9 (NIV)

So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.
- Luke 17:3 (NIV)

"Forgiveness is unlocking the door to set someone free and realising you were the prisoner!"
Max Lucado

I don't forget what I have done.  All of the bad that I have stirred up still has its lingering effects.  I try to cover the scars and the tattoos with navy blue and banker's grey power suits.  I hide the tears that I want to shed for my wrongs behind the dark lenses of wrap-around shades or under the low-riding brim of a fedora. 

Then, always right before I get totally worn out and weighed down, He speaks softly to my spirit through His Holy Spirit.

I took care of that for you already.

I stand in awe, wondering how could that be.


I fight with myself to come to some understanding why.  Why would the Savior do so for me?


Me? I have all of this baggage, though.


I wonder what I am to do without all of this junk to carry around.






But I sin, Lord.

I forgive.

 No, I mean I really sin. 

I forgive.

I am a real big sinner.  I know I do not  please You.

I forgive.

What about from here on and I mess up?

I forgive.


And if it is more? Or, even worse?

I forgive.




Yes.

And again?

Yes.

And again and. . .

Yes.

How long will you keep that up?

Forever.

Eternity.

Day after day.

Until you make it to your new home with Me.

Amen.*

Amen.*


* Amen is translated as "so be it" or "it is so." It offers a response of agreement or declared affirmation.

No comments:

 
Amen Me!